Friday, August 01, 2008

I'm usually only willing to try things I already know how to do

I'd like to submit for your approval my hatred for Seth Marlow, a new friend of mine and Pop's regular who started the staff on the Hundred Push Up Challenge.  

Okay, I obviously don't hate him, but I do hate pushups, and so I'm not terribly keen on embarking on this fitness experiment.  My main reason for doing it (and coincidentally my top reason for hating it) is that it's semi-public.  We all report our progress to one another, and the only thing worse than reporting a poor job is reporting nothing at all.  Since I haven't yet mastered self-discipline, peer pressure is a great alternative, and I'm way more likely to stick with it this way.

It only makes sense to put it here, where everyone else can see it.  The more embarrassing it is, the better.  So, here goes.

My initial test resulted in 19 push ups.
Day one of training: 10, 10, 8, 6, 13.

I take back what I said. I really do hate Seth. Thanks a lot.

No comments: